Date(s) - 17/02/2016 - 23/03/2016
10:00 am - 3:00 pm
National Office staff will facilitate three sessions in each ecclesiastical provincial area in the coming months the dates for the remaining induction sessions are:
- For those in the Armagh Ecclesiastical Province – 14th (10-14:00) ,15th (10:00-13:30) and 15th March 2016 (14:00- 17:30) Synod Hall, St Patrick’s Cathedral, Armagh.
CLOSING DATE FOR BOOKINGS – 7TH OF MARCH 2016
- For those in the Cashel Ecclesiastical Province– 21st (10:00-14:00), Session 2 and 3- 22nd (10:00-12:30) in the Horse and Jockey Hotel, Horse and Jockey (outside Thurles) County Tipperary.
CLOSING DATE FOR BOOKINGS – 14TH OF MARCH 2016
Church Authorities will be asked to identify which one of the three sessions being facilitated in their ecclesiastical province, are suitable for them based on the table of indicators of the new Standards (see Target Audience section below).
Each Church Authority will be invited to nominate a maximum of six people to attend one of the three sessions, which will be held in their ecclesiastical provincial area. The people nominated by the Church Authority should include, the Church Authority, Designated Liaison Person, Member of the Safeguarding Committee and a Local Safeguarding Representative.
Each of the three session is targeted at different Church bodies depending on which of the indicators of the new Standards apply to them, and each Church body is only required to send representatives to one of the three days in their ecclesiastical provincial area. The three days being facilitated in each area will be targeted as follows:
- First Session- Only for those Church bodies who are required to meet the indicators in Table 1 (32 in total) of the new Standards.
- Optional Evening Session – for Church personnel to attend, who cannot make the session during the day. This session will focus on Standard 1, 5, 6 and 7, as it will be targeted at Local Safeguarding Reps and Safeguarding Committees.
- Second Session – For those who are required to meet the indicators in Table 2 (22 in total) of the new Standards.
- Optional Evening Session- for Church personnel to attend, who cannot not make the session during the day. This session will be focused on Standard 1, 5, 6 and 7, as it will be targeted at Local Safeguarding Reps and Safeguarding Committees.
- Third Session – Only for those who are required to meet the indicators in Table 3 (13 in total) of the new Standards.
Content of Each Session
Each day will cover the following:
- An examination of each Standard in turn, focusing on what is required to meet indicators relevant to the audience who attend.
- Questions and answers on each Standard and the relevant indicators.
- An exploration of the Guidance associated with indicators relevant to the audience that attend.
- A presentation and discussion about the next steps in implementation of the new Standards for each Church body who are in attendance with particular regard to:
- Deciding which pieces of practice and guidance will remain in place in each Church body, or which need to be re-evaluated as part of the new Standards. This may mean keeping guidance already in place; using guidance provided by the NBSCCCI or rewriting guidance.
- What each Church body will be required to send to the NBSCCCI on a yearly basis.